Gibson Brands Forums

VM Les Paul...

The A-Man

Alright so I have no idea if any of you have been talking about the Vintage Mahogany Les Paul Studio or not, but I just got myself one a couple weeks ago and let me just say, I really don't think of think of this guitar as a "Studio."

And I was also wondering why Gibson.com doesn't have any info on the guitar at all!

Personally, I love this instrument. It's like, a standard, but with a mahogany cap on it, minus the fancy binding.

Alright so I have no idea if any of you have been talking about the Vintage Mahogany Les Paul Studio or not' date=' but I just got myself one a couple weeks ago and let me just say, I really don't think of think of this guitar as a "Studio."

And I was also wondering why Gibson.com doesn't have any info on the guitar at all!

Personally, I love this instrument. It's like, a standard, but with a mahogany cap on it, minus the fancy binding.

[/quote']

The Vintage Mahogany is a wonderful guitar, and all PAUL! It's loved here, so you're in the right place! O:)

Gibson doesn't show it on their site (nor talk about it in email) because it's a special kinda deal. Only offered to certain distributors...most very high volume stuff....

Pity - one of the great Pauls for sure.

as you've probably seen on some of the other vm posts- i'm a vm lover and own one. i did have an issue with the dents it's accumulated but three months after gettin a really big dent i'm finally getting used to it and am viewing them as battle scars. all in all it's a wonderful guitar. if you want an answer to some of your other questions search vm or vintage mahogany in the search engine on the forum. there are numerous posts talking about them. enjoy your guitar!

as you've probably seen on some of the other vm posts- i'm a vm lover and own one. i did have an issue with the dents it's accumulated but three months after gettin a really big dent i'm finally getting used to it and am viewing them as battle scars. all in all it's a wonderful guitar. if you want an answer to some of your other questions search vm or vintage mahogany in the search engine on the forum. there are numerous posts talking about them. enjoy your guitar!

Seriously man! The "unfinished" look is really cool, and more comfortable (to me) but the belt buckle rash it's getting is happening rediculously fast! And you're right about the battle scar thing too, cuz when it gets passed down to my future grand kids they'll be like, "man! grandpa was a total rock star!"

*granted I take very good care of my fretted friends*

ONE QUESTION I DO HAVE THOUGH is HOW SHOULD I MAINTAIN/WIPE THE FINGER BOARD WITH? I have an old acoustic Washburn that has developed some serious grime over the past four years of playing her, and i REALLY don't want lil' Gibby to get that bad.

ONE QUESTION I DO HAVE THOUGH is HOW SHOULD I MAINTAIN/WIPE THE FINGER BOARD WITH? I have an old acoustic Washburn that has developed some serious grime over the past four years of playing her' date=' and i REALLY don't want lil' Gibby to get that bad.[/quote']

Very fine steel wool (if needed), followed by your favorite fretboard oil. I like "Guitar Honey" - because it takes off the grime and leaves the board nice and 'fresh'. Then again, it's all I've used thus far....

Edit: Just noticed your location! Greetings from over the hills...

Archived