Gibson Brands Forums

Please help identify this flying v model

Hi,

Rather a sad story this. My fahter owns a framing shop and a while ago an owner of a framing shop aksen him to frame some stuff from metallica. Signed guitar, drumsticks, picks and a picture of metallica with the memorabilia. My fahter then accidentally wiped off the signatures (no he is not a beginner, he had 25 years experience). The owner noticed the attempt tonresign it himself and my fahter had to buy a new one of 7000 USD. I believe this one was 9000 USD. The insurance company did not refund the money so he lost 7000 USD on this mistake. Now I have his guitar and want to know what model it is and if it is real. He has a document printed with a certification, but the company Cannot be found online. All information is helpful, I want to help him out financially.

post-65868-001399500 1402647156_thumb.jpg

post-65868-042109400 1402647168_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Rather a sad story this. My fahter owns a framing shop and a while ago an owner of a framing shop aksen him to frame some stuff from metallica. Signed guitar, drumsticks, picks and a picture of metallica with the memorabilia. My fahter then accidentally wiped off the signatures (no he is not a beginner, he had 25 years experience). The owner noticed the attempt tonresign it himself and my fahter had to buy a new one of 7000 USD. I believe this one was 9000 USD. The insurance company did not refund the money so he lost 7000 USD on this mistake. Now I have his guitar and want to know what model it is and if it is real. He has a document printed with a certification, but the company Cannot be found online. All information is helpful, I want to help him out financially.

Impossible to tell without more pics; full headstock, front and back, full guitar front and back, pics of the backs of the electronics, etc. you might have to open a Photobucket account and post the links to the pics due to size limits.

But, if that sticker on the back was done at the factory, it's probably not be a real Gibson, might be a copy of some type. If so, it was only worth money to a collector due to the signatures. Many times they seem to use pretty cheap guitars for bands to sign.

Ditto on the sticker. I have never bought a Gibson and had it come with a sticker like that. What does the Truss Rod Cover look like? If it is a Gibson V it would say Gibson on the TRC and be the totally different looking Flying V type. Is the serial number stamped on the back of the head stock with Made In USA stamped on it.

Here are some more pictures. Let me know if you can view them.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Kroimel/library/

Would be helpful to know what I have. If it is expensive I am going to frame it or buy a guitar case. If not... I am going to play on it like I am James Hetfield himself.

Sorry, not a Gibson Flying V which makes it a copy. Looks to be an inexpensive copy.

A too bad. What do you mean by inexpensive? 100 or 1000 USD? Any idea how I can verify which brand this really is? Thanks for your help so far.

A too bad. What do you mean by inexpensive? 100 or 1000 USD? Any idea how I can verify which brand this really is? Thanks for your help so far.

It's kind of unusual in that there should be a brand on it. The fact that it has a bolt on neck makes me think that what it was probably worth less than $500 when it was new. That sticker on the back of the headstock makes me think that it was probably made somewhere in Asia.

Archived