Gibson Brands Forums

The way they go on over there at the UMGF about the CEO 7

onewilyfool

I have one and love it. I bought it because I like the neck, 1 3/4 nut, 5/16 string spacing and it has amazing sustain and volume given it's size. It's also extremely light.

I have Vintage Gibson's and Martin's and I was planing on buying another Vintage LG-2 but after playing this CEO-7 I was happy with this instead. Don't get me wrong I love my Vintage Gibson's and newer J-45 but to me it blends a little J-45 tone with a Martin tone and lots of sustain. I could care less about what it's copying or people think.

It sounds good, fun to play and I like it. This is the guitar that actually sounds different to the listener. Play it and then have someone play it to you and you'll see what I mean.

Mine is about 3 years old and the adi top has really warmed up and opened up.

Take Care.

Gibby

I have a CEO-7 and it is a great sounding guitar IMHO. Having said that, I would sell it as I have two L-00's that I play more often. I did upgrade the tuners to Waverly as the originals were OK but one did not correctly. The new tuners are great. If anyone is interested they could make an offer, but I don't have to sell it either, it doesn't eat much and is fun to get out once in a while.

Archived