Gibson Brands Forums

TRS

simont

Am I right in thinking that this sholud read RING rather that SLEEVE?

Quick start Guide ... PIEZO BLEND

With a mono guitar cable, your piezo signal will blend with your regular output at the tip of the cable’s plug. When a stereo cable is connected, the piezo signal routes independently to the sleeve of the plug. Thus the piezo sound is heard in one of the stereo outputs and the electromagnetic pickups can be heard in the other channel. You can then use your charging adapter to split both signals.

Dark Fire manual....Piezo Blend

When a stereo cable is connected, the Piezo signal routes independently to the sleeve of the plug, and the Dark Fire’s magnetic pickups are routed to the tip of the plug.

The independent Piezo Out is not available for use during charging, because the charging is being conducted on the sleeve of the stereo plug.

I was under the impression that SLEEVE was always ground??

I think you are right.

Jack_plug.png

Raytraced image of two jack plugs, one mono, the other stereo. Numbers on details added, and image cropped afterwards in a graphics software package.

Numbers indicate:

1 Sleeve - usually ground

2 Ring - Right-hand channel for stereo signals, negative phase for balanced mono signals, power supply for power- requiring mono signal sources

3 Tip - Left-hand channel for stereo signals, positive phase for balanced mono signals, signal line for unbalanced mono signals

4 Isolating rings

Other way would make no sense.

Archived