Gibson Brands Forums

Lzzy Hale Explorer Owners Board

ZuWa

here is a picture of mine to compare. hope it helps.post-68214-092356500 1414850979_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photo and everyone's input, that does help. Mine is nowhere near that level. I'm headed to the store in about an hour, we'll see what they say. If the posts somehow got bent during manufacturing it'll just be replacing them. If the holes are mis-drilled though I'll be looking for another. The dealer has a 30 day refund policy so there's no issues about me getting stuck with it but it's just a pain now of having to buy one online and worry about shipping issues. Damn.............

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your dealer is responsible. They are supposed to do more than just add their price markup and ship it to you. Once the dealership accepts the guitar from the factory and ships it to a customer they are saying the guitar came in from the factory in perfect condition and essentially take the factory off the hook.

At least they should inspect the guitar as it comes in from Gibson to ensure it wasn't damaged in shipping to them and provide a QC checklist to show they added some value to the process. The dealership is responsible to return it to the factory if any flaws are discovered.

Keep us posted on how this turns out. The TonePros are an amazing improvement to the standard stoptail/tun-a-matic bridge combo and I feel are largely responsible for the incredible sustain and depth of tone this guitar has.

20141101_115314_resized.jpg

Your dealer is responsible. They are supposed to do more than just add their price markup and ship it to you. Once the dealership accepts the guitar from the factory and ships it to a customer they are saying the guitar came in from the factory in perfect condition and essentially take the factory off the hook.

At least they should inspect the guitar as it comes in from Gibson to ensure it wasn't damaged in shipping to them and provide a QC checklist to show they added some value to the process. The dealership is responsible to return it to the factory if any flaws are discovered.

Keep us posted on how this turns out. The TonePros are an amazing improvement to the standard stoptail/tun-a-matic bridge combo and I feel are largely responsible for the incredible sustain and depth of tone this guitar has.

20141101_115314_resized.jpg

I went back to the dealer this morning. The problem was remedied, the bridge posts were bent. The repair guy said that the part of the factory posts that go into the body are very short and somehow got bent. Good thing was that the drilled holes were fine, it was just an issue with the posts. They replaced them with two brand new Gibson OEM posts and the bridge is now level. The salesperson was mistaken when I told him the bridge was tilted, he thought I meant the position of the bridge in relation to being parallel with the stoptail. He miscommunicated that to the Gibson tech, hence the tech telling him 'they're all set up that way'. Anyways.......all is well again with the world and I can sleep better tonight....................... [flapper]

Whew. Glad that was quickly resolved. It takes enormous pressure to bend those posts in less than a monrh, something more than normal .009s could deliver. Do u hve any pics showing the issue before you took it to the shop? Maybe some of the early pics u took show the issue?

Whew. Glad that was quickly resolved. It takes enormous pressure to bend those posts in less than a monrh, something more that normal .009s could deliver. Do u hve any pics showing the issue before you took it to the shop? Maybe some of the early pics u took show the issue?

No, I didn't take any photos, it was very noticeable though.

That last picture makes the one she has almost look like an Explorer Studio body compared to the reviewers pic on the right......weird angle maybe?

Could be the angle, could be a little something in front of the guitar, or maybe a little Photoshop for some reason.

10451723_10202911725455890_2069323408759116412_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

20141119_142046.jpg

Page with the Lzzy from inside the AMS Holiday 2014 Catalog.

"A classic Explorer for the leading woman of one of today's hottest rock bands! Lzzy Hale loves rocking out on her new white Explorer when on stage with Halestorm. This distinct axe has a Rosewood fingerboard with white acrylic block inlays, '57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus humbuckers along with a gold pickguard, speed knobs and hardware for killer looks. Includes case. Available in Alpine White only."

Excerpt from a Musician's Friend interview published October 28, 2013:

"Musicians Friend: When it came to your signature model Explorer, who approached who, and what was that whole process like?

Lzzy Hale: The Gibson people approached me at the NAMM convention about two years ago in Anaheim, California. We had just played an acoustic set for them in their showroom and they said, "Hey, we're interested in doing a signature model with you." Of course, I'm looking over my shoulder, like, "Wait, is Slash behind me? Who are they talking to?" "Me? Really?"

I was overjoyed. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid to have a signature model and be able to do what I wanted with the look of it or have something that's my own, that came from my brain. They said to me, "Take a couple weeks and figure out what you want to do, and send us some ideas." I literally sent them the ideas next day, because I already had it figured out. It's something I had been thinking about for quite a while. With this signature model, I kept it very simple. I wanted to do an Explorer, because that's become my go-to guitar in all situations. I love the shape of it. I love the feel of it. When you have it on, it just feels like it's a part of you. I wanted really to do it to the specs of the one that I bought off Craigslist years ago. I kept the standard pickup and the standard shape of it. I love the idea of having the signature metal shape of the Explorer, but then I ended up taking some cues from the looks of a lot of the classier, jazz based guitars that are gorgeous. Maybe it's the girl in me, but I kind of wanted that feminine touch. It has a white finish, gold hardware, and I bound the neck and then double-bound the body. It's gotten a hell of a response live and there's a lot of people that are asking me if I can get them one.

MF: Will this be a production model at some point?

LH: We've definitely been talking about that, but right now there's only one, and it's mine. But we want to try to put it into production and see what happens with it. I think, personally, it's a good thing and I admire Gibson for being an inspiration to female musicians. There's not a whole lot of us out there, so it was definitely a bold chance they took on me. I really appreciate it."

I love the line: "Wait, is Slash behind me?" msp_laugh.gifmsp_laugh.giflaugh.gif

The entire article is here: The Hub Artist Interview: Lzzy Hale