Gibson Brands Forums

The have nots!

simont

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following the problems and delays with Dark Fire on the forum for a while now, and was almost put off ordering the guitar. However the assurances from Gibson that they are fully committed to the product finally swayed me.

I ordered a Dark Fire from www.guitarguitar.co.uk on Jan 5th paying £1,957.43 with free delivery. I was told they had one left when I placed the order.

The website is now showing +3 guitars still available with "Estimated Delivery to you: Mid January 2009", and the price has now increased to £1,999.00.

I can only deduce from this that some frustrated customers have cancelled their orders.

I for one am prepared to wait as long as it takes. I would much rather wait a few weeks or even months and receive a flawless complete product than have Gibson rush through a faulty instrument that I end up having to return for repair.

Hopefully elantric will receive some answers on Friday and put us all in the picture.

Keep the faith.

I would much rather wait a few weeks or even months and receive a flawless complete product than have Gibson rush through a faulty instrument that I end up having to return for repair.

well said.

With the exception of three days last December, I'm a member of " The Have Nots" club too.- (cool band name)

However it should end in 8 hours when i take repossession of my DF 0711 - returned with Gibson rendered repairs.

i'll try to make an updated post RMA report soon.

I'l be heading on the road this evening and will be at NAMM the next three days.

Hi, as you can probably guess with my username I’m in the UK. Still (I would like to say patiently but that’s not the case) waiting for my DF. Ordered at the beginning of December, at the time the thought of waiting 2 weeks was bad enough.

I had too sell 2 of my guitars to part fund the DF (to keep her in doors happy). All I want is someone to tell us when we are likely to get hold of our guitars. My local dealer has assured me that they are towards the top of the dealer list even though they do not appear on the Gibson web site. As things have progressed I think we were better off waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out.

But Please Please Mr. Gibson I want to. No need to know when will it come????

Nothing in France too...

But it seems the guitar is travelling across Europe. If that is true, that means that our DF are no different than the firsts shipped to the US, so if we are unlucky, it may go again to the US for repairs... :'(

Hope it will not be the case (I want to play it so badly, if I have to return it just after the delivery, I will be soooo frustrated....)

Hi all,

I'm not really a have not as I cancelled my order a week ago but Gear4Music.com show a estimated delivery of 2 Mar 09 for the DF. I have decided to let fate decide my future DF ownership - once they land in the UK I will try to re-order and if there are any available it is ment to be. As an aside none of the UK dealers that come up on a google search seem to be sold out yet but then again it has not been heavily marketed in the UK (Only a front end appearance in Guitarist, Jan edition) which would of been a tad late had it released worlwide on time and been a sell out.

Anyway I hope you will all soon become HAVE'S and your DF's are perfect.

What!? only 6 of us????

I also am quite happy to wait for Gibson to sort out the bugs before shipping, but like us all, would love SOME indication of when that might be.

If Elantrics returned 0711 is anything to go by, we'll all be extremly happy.

Funny thing is I don't even know if I'll get on with the DF body and neck.

I have restricted use of my left arm and must play sitting down, using my left knee to move my hand back down the fretboard. (my so called friends tell me it looks hillarious!!)

I play a collection of acoustics using multiple custom tunings and my mission is to get gigging with one guitar.

I am trying out a Roland VG99 with a Godin LGXT but have yet to get the custom tunings working without random "harmonic warbling" . I also find the Godin guitar body very uncomfortable on the leg.

As long as the DF sits OK I'll be sorted.

Anyway, chin up have nots!! +:-@guitar-016.gif

After hearing from Tronical last night I for one am really enthused again.

What keeps us going is information so thanks and please keep it coming.

Simon

What!? only 6 of us????

Na fraid its now 7!!!!

Ive been waiting for mine since 2nd of Jan so not as long as some,

I cant wait for it to be across my knee so i can give it a good seeing too ;o)

I am sure through all the problems that have happened in the last short while

will equall a fantastic guitar that is well worth the wait so i'm definatly hanging on in there :o)

Hope mine's as good as Elantrics when it arrives and i will be one happy bunny :o)

The shop I purchased from has put their price up to £2399 from £1999 so im glad i purchased when i did!

Anyways am sure we will all be happy soon enough when our dark fires arrive.

will let you all know if anything turns up here..

Dave

Welcome to the gang Rockin'365. :o The more the merrier...or maybe not in this instance.!!

I noticed the prices going up in a few UK stores. Not sure Gibson will be too happy about that.???

We'll all be on The Dark Side soon enough

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the welcome,

I thought i'd better join in as have been reading the forums avidly for the last week or so

hoping to catch a glimmer of hope as to when the DF was to hit our shores,

The guy that sold me mine emailed the gibson rep the other day but is still waiting a reply

Typical :o)

Still am happy to wait for a bit of perfection :o)

Dave

Keep smiling :o)

+1

Hey everyone!!

I'm wainting formore than a month. I ordered on december 22 and the wait is endless! So when i read that JJmusic have available DF but Gibson doesn't accept EU delivery...Itupsets me!

Welldone! Very good band name simont.

YEEAAAH

Bad news guys.... (for me at least)

I received reply from Thomann (where i have ordered my totrute-guitar) that Gibson has postponed deliveries in Europe and they don't have a clue WHEN the DF shipments will arrive. The guy over there even told me "if you want it very soon, maybe you should look for an alternative, or maybe find another way of buying it".

I think this is enough evidence that i am not going to "light my fire" sonner than March.... :)

sh*****t!

Any other people in here expecting news from the same web store?

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the news of yet more delays for us europeans, Gear4Music in the UK have been estimating a March delivery for at least two weeks now so I am not surprised. Thing is it has to be near perfect when it arrives over here as an RMA will not be as simple as in the States so I can see how Gibson want to minimise this risk.

I would say while US customers are still having problems there is no chance of any shipments making it across the Atlantic. Keeping an eye on this forum is going to be your best indicator of an expected delivery as I found I was giving my dealer advice based on the information here and a week later they would call me and say 'hey you were right Gibson just called us'.

Let's hope that the delay is due to the identified issues of the first models and the logical time needed for corrections / fixes.

Let's also hope that by March, the package will contain the RIP unit as well, otherwise EU customers will be in more trouble.

But that's only wishful thinking and it would be nice if somebody from Gibson gave us some feedback concerning the above...

Archived