Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Bridge

delboywww

Hi Guy's,

New here and first post. Just bought an Epiphone Sheraton 2 Korean 1998

Just wanted to know if this is what is described in this forum as a fat bridge?

and also are there any issues with this type of bridge.

Thanks Del

_57-7.jpg

Yes I believe this is the fat bridge as my 92 has the same one. I think the problem is finding a replacement due to the string spacing? As long as it's in good shape it shouldn't be a problem...hopefully someone else replies with more info as I'm pretty new to the older MIK sherrys.

Yes I believe this is the fat bridge as my 92 has the same one. I think the problem is finding a replacement due to the string spacing? As long as it's in good shape it shouldn't be a problem...hopefully someone else replies with more info as I'm pretty new to the older MIK sherrys.

Thank you for the reply. I have read a thread on this forum somewhere saying that some bridges (not sure if its this one) are not kind to strings and wanted to know if its worth getting a roller bridge which I understand is a different post spacing than the later models?

The guitar is generally in good condition but does need a clean and the strings look like they have been on it since new! Any advice would be much appreciated.

I always have my guitar set up by a tech but as long as your saddles aren't damaged and allow and hold a set up it should be just fine.

Thank you. I will strip the guitar down, give it a good clean and re-string, check the intonation and see how it is.

Archived