Gibson Brands Forums

Question about a guitar case

matte

+1. I recently bought a '43 Banner LG-2, and the best information I have so far is a custom made case by someone like Cedar Creek, or try to fit it into a classical case. The case mine came with is sub par, so I'm still looking, too. Depending on the dimensions of your guitar, it might fit into one of the B or overstock cases at Ameritage, which appear to be bargains if the fit is right.

If you have any vintage guitar stores (the older the better) in your area, they usually have stacks of cases in the back room and can find you something that fits. Also, check the pawn shops, especially ones that have a lot of guitars on display, they typically have a collection of cases in the back, too. There is a store on Gbase.com, Guitar Den, that says they have hundreds of cases for sale, they would know what fits yours.

I have a '50s - '60s LG/B25 sized chipboard brown "gator" case which was the common "soft" case sold with those guitars back then. It is missing the lid for the pick compartment, but is otherwise in decent condition. It would be perfect for that guitar unless you want something practical, i.e. you actually want to transport the guitar in it! (This one will work for that, but it is flimsy and more for the proper look than to protect the guitar during transport.)

If you are interested, let me know. I'll let it go for what I paid, plus shipping.

Archived