Gibson Brands Forums

Humbucker Ring wrong size

nevermind

hi,

i have a epiphone les paul maybe 10-15 yaers old. now the humbucker rings are broken. there are a lot new rings available, but all have the wrong size. the inside dimensions of the most new rings are 2-3/4" x 1-1/2". this seems to be the standard size but the humbuckers of my guitar are a little bigger. so i need cream rings with a curved bottom and inside dimension of 72 x 40 mm. i found nothing on ebay, allparts etc.

thanks for your help

jens

post-70438-029948500 1423432560_thumb.jpg

hi,

i have a epiphone les paul maybe 10-15 yaers old. now the humbucker rings are broken. there are a lot new rings available, but all have the wrong size. the inside dimensions of the most new rings are 2-3/4" x 1-1/2". this seems to be the standard size but the humbuckers of my guitar are a little bigger. so i need cream rings with a curved bottom and inside dimension of 72 x 40 mm. i found nothing on ebay, allparts etc.

thanks for your help

jens

Check out Stewmac.com........I'm not sure if they have what you need but worth checking out....

The ring you need to look for is a Seymour Duncan Trembucker Mounting Ring. There's a flat one Here but you can curve them to the profile of your top.

Trembuckers are 71mm wide with a cover on.

Stick some abrasive sheet on the top of your guitar (rough side up) and slowly obtain the profile by rubbing the ring on the abrasive.

This Video explains better.

Archived