Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton II grounding issue

ontheroad97

Howdy! I have an older Sheraton II that I've been upgrading. It currently has BG Pure 90 pickups in it, and just recently I fitted Graph Tech saddles and yesterday added a Bigsby B3 trem. It sounds great except I now have a grounding issue. It goes away when I touch the guitar cable or any of the metal parts of the effects it goes through (but not the metal on the guitar). The grounding issue is there when I plug directly into the amp as well with different cables. I'm trying to figure out if this is due to the Graph Tech saddles (which I hear are non-conductive), the Bigsby, or a combination of both. Any suggestions?

I added a bigsby b70 to my dot studio, the ground was connected to the tail bushings. I pulled the bushing out then fished the ground through the f hole. I then pulled the bridge bushing out and drilled from the bushing hole through into the cavity, I used an old high e to poke through my new hole and fish the ground out and connect to the bridge bushing then put back together! Sorted! Make sense?

Archived