Gibson Brands Forums

2012 ES 330 VOS Buzzing tailpiece

beau_hamilton

I also have a 2012 ES-330 VOS (in natural finish), which was purchased new. It's never developed a buzz, but I will mention something that's worth checking.

On my 2010 ES-330L, one of the adjusting screws on the bridge began to lift and touch the string. The ES-330 VOS, like the ES-330L, has a TOM bridge without the retaining wire, so it's worth a look to see if this might be happening.

Best of luck in finding the source, and I agree, the ES-330 VOS is a definite keeper!

Thanks for the advice I will try it all and the Bridge does not have a retaining wire to hold the individual saddles ( I will start there ).

Yes, in my post above, I'm indeed talking about the saddle/intonation adjusting screws (which I did not totally clarify!).

Yeah, the buzz from the bridge area is annoying.

Since the ABR bridge does not have the spring wire to hold the saddle screws down, I just placed a drop of clear nail polish between the screw head and the bridge. Do it to all screw heads...picking one string could also vibrate another saddle. The nail polish easily breaks should you need to intonate the strings. It might work on yours. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived