Gibson Brands Forums

Derek Trucks SG

freddairy

ive always loved his sg's

this ones a 61 reissue with maestro tailpiece with the vibrola/whammy removed (which i like alot), just like the ones available, (ive got one too)

derektrucks.jpg

this looks like an orig. 61 or 62 maybe?

l_744ad26ee7251d795615121bed38217a.jpg

this also looks like a vintage 60's model, different than his 61 reiss..

derek-trucks.jpg

Like he said, the one with the stoptail but Maestro plate was originally a 1999-2001 era SG '61 w/Vibrola (which if Gibson has ANY sense they'll re-reissue again), although a LOT of media (including Gibson) has incorrectly called it a "Custom Shop" or "Historic" model.

He's also been seen with that sideways-vibrola-equipped '61/'62 (which is a damned spiffy example, aside from the wretched sideways vibrola) and I'm not sure what that 3rd picture is. If it were larger and/or higher-res I could tell you if it was the above-mentioned '61 RI before the operation or an original. Those '99-01 reissues looked that shade under bright lights, and since the horns are a little blurry (and since I can't see the headstock clearly) it's hard to say. If it's got the bolt-bushing tuners and wider headstock most likely it's that guitar pre-neutering. But it's always possible for the guy to have an alternate vintage one too.

H-Bomb

found a few other interesting pics

not even sure what kind of guitar this is

bfce.jpg

gold top lp

d973.jpg

another something weird

derektrucks.jpg

and he must of had multiples of the meastro, this one has different writing (below elbow)

DSCF0425.jpg

and the most notrious trucks guitar, with the 61/62 on the wall

Derek20Trucks20by20James230001.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived