Gibson Brands Forums

2014 ES-335 Question

Pman

I have a new condition (i.e., never played, still has protective cover on pick guard) 2014 ES-335 that I have a couple of questions regarding:

How do I determine if it is a 1959 or 1963 reissue or just a Dot reissue? I think its a Dot but I'm curious about the difference in a '63 or '59 reissue (I think those are the years).

Any info on where I could go to obtain a fair asking price in the event I want to sell it? It isn't what I'd call plain, it has some nice figuring to it.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't consider myself a history expert but I believe that if you have a Dot (fret markers) then it is a '59 resissue. ES335's were first produced in 58/59 and had dot fret markers. In '63 Gibson came out with a slightly enhanced version of the 335 and it had Block fret markers. If yours has block fret markers then it is a '63 reissue.

PS - You can get an idea of an asking price at Reverb.com

I have a new condition (i.e., never played, still has protective cover on pick guard) 2014 ES-335 that I have a couple of questions regarding:

How do I determine if it is a 1959 or 1963 reissue or just a Dot reissue? I think its a Dot but I'm curious about the difference in a '63 or '59 reissue (I think those are the years).

Any info on where I could go to obtain a fair asking price in the event I want to sell it? It isn't what I'd call plain, it has some nice figuring to it.

Thanks.

Does it have the ABR or Nashville bridge?

Archived