Gibson Brands Forums

339 pot post sizes

iluvcrap2000

well thought I'd install some pointers on my set of 339's, I have a natural and sunburst p90 version and a cherry HB one. so tried installing the first set of pointers on the natural one and me thinking it's a import should have metric pots right? nope the metric pointers didn't fit as the pot posts were too big?? really? so sent them back for standard ones, okay, reinstalled them and they fit fine, so on to the sunburst one, hey Standard pots, ok so I returned the metric pointer sets for standard ones so no problem, installed those just fine. and then on the Cherry HB one also about to remove the knobs and hey guess what, Metric pots?? Really? at least the standard pointers will fit okay, but geez.

Another issues I've been having with the 339 is poor wiring connections, one the tone pot is dead(had to get that fixed) another the switch is picky, and all of them the sound goes dead past 1 when in the middle postition. great.

Otherwise the bodies are fine for what I paid for them, I can forgive little minor finishing issues. all guitars play fine. excepts for the HB "coil taps" are weak which I'm going to address with a harness/electronics swap later probably pickups too depends.

Archived