Gibson Brands Forums

Four Epi's and one Gibby

SmokeyGhost

Thought I'd post a photo of my Epiphones and Gibson electric guitars

From left to right:

Epiphone Dot; Epiphone G-400 Pro; Epiphone ES339 with P90's; Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro; Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro (2014)

post-75771-020960400 1453105817_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality of the photo.

I certainly agree, capmaster. It was last in and, after the pic, first back in its case. One of my children also plays and my other guitar stands seem to have "disappeared." Hehe.

However, NEVER will permission be granted to get hands on this which, while is not an Epiphone or Gibson, is my absolute darling who I simply adore.

Full%20Shot_zpsurnsohdh.jpg

Back_zpsarrodky6.jpg

Headstock_zpsskzpeko9.jpg

Cutaway_zpsi6faowws.jpg

Soundboard_zpsmqpind55.jpg

I have 3 wine red ES339s, the two Epiphone Pro models (humbucking and P90s), and a Gibson satin. Your burst makes me wish I had gotten one of those instead. Darn thing us beautiful.

When I lived in Oz I had the chance to play a few Matons. They were great guitars, but far too expensive for me at time. How does yours play and sound (as if I didn't know)?

I have 3 wine red ES339s, the two Epiphone Pro models (humbucking and P90s), and a Gibson satin. Your burst makes me wish I had gotten one of those instead. Darn thing us beautiful.

When I lived in Oz I had the chance to play a few Matons. They were great guitars, but far too expensive for me at time. How does yours play and sound (as if I didn't know)?

To me it's a dream but as it's a custom shop and one of the very few of that model Andy Allen (head luthier) made you could argue that that's expected. Lovely neck and the unit rings. Way, way too good for my meager ability. Some do not like Matons but it's a personal preference obviously. I have seen adverse comments about them but those seem to smack of the pretentious to me for some reason. And, yes, they can be viewed as a little pricey but, hey, so can Gibson, Martins, Taylors or many other guitars. If you can't afford them, you just don't buy them and be happy with what you've got. It's about enjoying playing and not much else.

Archived