Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Futura Gold or blue??? weight???

Country-Rocker

Hi All,

After giving a beautiful root beer finish 2015 Standard a go yesterday, I think I will go for a lighter Paul this time around. At 51, I found it way to heavy, but then again.... I am used to an SG Standard.

I was so ready to order a 2015 Goldtop Les Paul Deluxe...the root beer made me see reality real quick.

I remember seeing the Futura Les Paul models in the shop last year and thinking the non-painted colours looked alot liks the faded brown-cherry Lp Studio models...my idea LP weight. Does anyone know if they are lighter than the Standard as I cannot remember.

I liks the gold model (a cool.match with my Keb Mo), but the blue is really stunnig and would be easier to touch up with a magic marker if dinged/rubbed. I love the pickups-boost in this guitar. The maple neck gives it a more crystal like sound I think.

Thanks,

Freddie

Guest Farnsbarns

I can't answer your question and I know how irritating this can be but I'm going to suggest you be sure you're asking the right question....

A LP will always be heavier than an SG, no getting away from that, but they do vary hugely in weight. It might be worth trying some more before writing it off completely.

No experience with a futura so can't make a comment on that.

I have a 2011 LP Studio Tribute Humbucker model. These first runs have chambered bodies and I would suggest that you'd be happy with a LP of this weight as it's hardly more than my SG but still offers that LP feel and tonality but perhaps with a bit more SG esque attack.

I'm not sure what other Gibson LP models have been chambered but I'd recommend trying one if you can...

Thanks All,

I bought a Gibson Les Paul a Sprint Run Studio in Manhattan Blue. I wanted something blue and it has all the features I want and does not have the ones I don't care for. The weight is okay on these for me. I will post pics when I can get on my laptop.

Have a good one all,

Freddie

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks All,

I bought a Gibson Les Paul a Sprint Run Studio in Manhattan Blue. I wanted something blue and it has all the features I want and does not have the ones I don't care for. The weight is okay on these for me. I will post pics when I can get on my laptop.

Have a good one all,

Freddie

Concratulations! You have to post pictures. It''s the rules.

Archived