Gibson Brands Forums

[b]Valley Arts Brent Mason CENSORED for Europe !? [/b]

Stay_Tuned

4 months ago I decided to buy a Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature.

Talk to the store, they spoke with an official importer in Spain GIBSON (importer Valley Arts) and said: "Ok wait time is 2 months to deliver the guitar."

4 months later, tired of not news from Gibson i decided wrote a mail to Gibson Europe, and they say: " the Brent Mason model and the whole Valley Arts range is not available anymore, they have been taken from the European market ... " ¿?¿?¿?¿? without another explanation.

The spanish importer Gibon said that in their rates in January 2009 the model Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature is available in catalog ....and can be imported without problems.

What's up?, Someone in Europe has had some problems with Gibson products?

Thx.... and excuse my english ...

In general the problem some American products are having is RoHS compliance which is pretty much short for "lead".

Lead is toxic and regulations are aimed to rid of it on guitar solder, this affects amplifiers much more. The European Union is all over this.

Also, maybe there was not enough demand... It also could be a misunderstanding.

But the standard of the "toxic product" is only valid for Valley Arts ???, which happens to other guitars?. If so, do not understand.

Low demand ???, the website of Valley Arts had said nothing to remove the product. The Gibson importer for Spain said that in January/2009 catalog is now available .... catalog price sent by the gibson !!

I do not understand anything ... sorry about my poor english ... !!

Sorry folks just little Spanish in the spirit of helping out...

Yo hablo Español y vivo en Nashville. Valley Arts esta aqui en la ciudad, yo les hablo por telefono mañana y les pregunto directamente haber si tienen una respuesta.

He visto la tienda de ellos. No estoy seguro si haya manera de comunicarse con alguien que sepa de esto.

Sorry folks just little Spanish in the spirit of helping out...

Yo hablo Español y vivo en Nashville. Valley Arts esta aqui en la ciudad' date=' yo les hablo por telefono mañana y les pregunto directamente haber si tienen una respuesta.

He visto la tienda de ellos. No estoy seguro si haya manera de comunicarse con alguien que sepa de esto.[/quote']

La verdad me harias un favor enorme.Los importadores de Gibson en Europa comentan que estan un poco cansados del trato de Gibson, tener noticias de Valley Arts directamente seria de gran ayuda.Gracias.

I called Valley Arts today but the Gibson restoration shop seems to be located there now so you only get voice-mail. I know a guy that works there but do not see him often.

Did you see the price quote form on their website?. It looks like it works for a lot of countries and they are supposed to give you a quote for the guitar. Give it a try and see what they say.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/ValleyArts/Valley%20Arts%20Online%20Ordering/

Thanks for your interest Stiffhand .

Yes, I saw the order form but I think it´s only for custom models. But it is strange, Gibson is the official importer and can not serve to Europe..... and Valley Arts can almost the entire world through its order form???.

I have made many requests to USA, (Elderly, ScottysMusic pedal steel store,etc ...) And I have always treated very well.

I am surprised that a great brand like Gibson is not able to respond to a potential buyer.

Thanks again Stiffhand.

Wait to see if the Spanish importer gives me some news.

Lucky that you live in Nashville, how much music information all day!!! ... and great music, I love country music.

Best regards.And sorry, my english is not good ...

That's alright, I only tried to call today. If I am on that side of town I will gladly stop and ask personally.

If I see one of the guys that works for Gibson I will ask them.

Probably you would enjoy Nashville, actually not too long ago there was a big sign with Brent Mason on a building that sits close to Music Row.

Gibson is a big company and sometimes you do not get a straight answer, gotta keep trying though.

I will keep you informed if I find something out.

Ok a friend of a guitar shop in Barcelona told me the problem.

For Gibson the first is the American market, then Canadian, then British, then the Japanese ... German, French...., Burkina Faso, Sri Lanka ..., and in the *** of the world (as always) the Spanish.

He says it works like this:

You ask for a guitar, you expect to have one year (one year if you're lucky!).

At that time someone in Chicago wants the same guitar ...you can say goodbye to her.

Archived