Gibson Brands Forums

1996 junior models?

Epjrjake

Does anyone out there have or have heard of or seen any epiphone les Paul or sg junior models with a 96 year serial number ? I recently purchased 1 of each with a 96 dec production serial number based off of guitar dater project.. Not sure if I trust that info. Epiphone wiki has the juniors being first introduced in 97.. So I'm curious if these are real maybe pre production? Dec 1996. Also the LP junior is a white color all the way up to the headstock even the face of headstock is white with gold junior emblem and a silver epiphone both sparkly glitter .there is no white color option from epiphone wiki for the lp model ..its aged and has turned cream.. Under the pick guard and knobs and pick up cover show the original tone of white.. These are both dog ear p-90s .. The sg is tv yellow also aged .. Any info I would appreciate

There may be 96 models, but I have never seen one.

I have a 97 Epiphone SG Junior. It's red, has one P90, and has a Gibson TRC.

Really nice guitar.

Hope you find out what yours is. :)

Thanks for the reply Brad .. I hope they are authentic .. The white les Paul Jr. Had the neck bolts installed way off center and one bolt actually came out through the side of the neck and showed the tip of the screw out the face of the guitar just a tiny bit right at the joint where the body and neck line up .. That one is heavy too way heavier than any other ive picked up ...it also has small pots. Maybe they might have been made at a early production factory that didn't make the cut .

Email pictures of the guitars and serial numbers to us at service@gibson.com and we'll be happy to check them out.

Thanks jon s .. Will Gibson service just take a guess at it? Or is there an actual record of Epiphone serial numbers with model and color to match the guitars? I've read Epiphone does not keep record the same with Gibson for Epiphone products.

Archived