Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Zakk Wylde Camo Epi??

mpetruzz

Whats up everyone. Looking for some help here. I was on Reverb.com and came across a Zakk Wylde Epiphone and I'm not sure if it's legit. The seller told me he bought it new from Guitar Center in 2013 when we first started chatting. I asked for some specific pics to see it matched the fake descriptions I've read online. I also ran the serial number and it was showing as being made in 2012, and he bought it in Feb of 2013. He even called and got me a copy of the sales receipt from GC.

Here are some pics, I want to see what you all think. The main thing that's throwing me is the treble ring. He does have a 7 day return policy.

post-82778-033168500 1480224785_thumb.jpg

mpetruzz,

It looks to be legit to me.

You generally do not see scam artists creating counterfeit Epiphones, Squiers, Rogues, or Mitchells.

There's just no profit margin there.

You DO occasionally see the counterfeiters offering up fake Gibsons and Fenders.

That way, if somebody pays top dollar believing they bought the genuine article, the crooks actually make some money.

Also, a brand-new 2012 guitar being purchased in February of 2013 sound about right.

Shoot, there are still plenty of brand new 2014 and 2015 guitars hanging on the wall of my local Guitar Center.

Just thinking out loud.

[unsure]

mpetruzz,

It looks to be legit to me.

You generally do not see scam artists creating counterfeit Epiphones, Squiers, Rogues, or Mitchells.

There's just no profit margin there.

You DO occasionally see the counterfeiters offering up fake Gibsons and Fenders.

That way, if somebody pays top dollar believing they bought the genuine article, the crooks actually make some money.

Also, a brand-new 2012 guitar being purchased in February of 2013 sound about right.

Shoot, there are still plenty of brand new 2014 and 2015 guitars hanging on the wall of my local Guitar Center.

Just thinking out loud.

[unsure]

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm def leaning towards it being real, especially since he has the receipt. Just got a but worried after reading online about fakes etc.

Archived