Gibson Brands Forums

Check out my new Custom Shop VOS Black Beauty w/ bigbsy

Regotheamigo

This is the most impressive guitar I have ever played! WOW!! Gibson obviously steps it up about 100 notches with the VOS Customs because this blows away any other gibson I have ever played. When I opened it up my heart sank for about 2 seconds because I actually thought they may of sent me a REAL 57 The set up is PERFECT, without one fret buzz on the whole neck. Also most importantly the bigbsy works flawlessly with out any problems with tunning. I have another custom shop 355 with a bigsby as you'll see below, and it does sound amazing, but it runs into tunning issues because of the bigsby. I know that with getting a roller nut, etc,,, it will work even better, but it's looking like the Black Beauty won't need ANYTHING right out of the box. Here's the most wild thing, the black beauty resonates even better than my semi hollow body 355. How is that possible?? haha Damm I'm stoked!!!

blackbeautycloseup.jpg

myblackbeauty.jpg

CustomShopBlackBeautyand355.jpg

Nice. Any issues with the Bigsby? I'm a trem freak. All my guitars have some version. Still have not gotten an LP and would like to have a trem version' date=' though not necessarily the Axcess. That basically leaves the Bigsby.[/quote']

No problems at ALL with the bigbsy and that's one of the things that blows me away with this Les Paul. There really must be something with the Plex system that there doing because this guitar is more intonated and in pitch than any other guitar I've ever had. I have a really nice custom shop 355 with a bigbsy, and it sounds great, but it does have issues with the bigbsy. Installing a roller nut apparently helps, but it looks like the Black Beauty won't need anything right out of the box.

Congrats on the JPC. I have found that mine is the best I have played also. I was going to put it away so not to risk damaging it. I replaced it as a daily player with an SG. Soon I got the Page out again and the SG doesn't compare. I have one with Bigsby and one with stoptail.

Archived