Gibson Brands Forums

need help with SG Special VOS cherry "faded"

SGman94

i was thinking about getting it and i just wanted to know if you guys think i should go for it. and if so i was thinking either the classic white finish or the faded cherry but i just wanted to know exactly what they mean by "faded" because i know with gibson im just bound to be surprised with what i get if i dont have any knowledge b4 hand

If you're ordering it you can specify to your dealer to tell Gibson you don't want an uber-faded/washed-out looking finish. Otherwise don't be surprised if it's a strange orangey-tan or dirty-bubble-gum color.

Personally if I were doing the Special I'd get white. They tend to pay a little better attention to those off-the-shelf from my experience, assumably because white's a little harder to apply and they HAVE to pay attention to what they're doing.

H-Bomb

H-BOMB based on what you have seen how is the beveling on the Special VOS?

It's been my experience that the BEVELING on the Historic stuff (including the VOS subseries) is fine, very close to the originals. It's the lack of tapering of the body thickness on the tips of the horns that irks me, and keeps them from really looking like their namesakes to someone as picky about the "reissue" moniker as I.

One cool thing about the Special: if you can get it with the short-Maestro, you can have a whammy OR you can use the wraparound bridge on its own and use it like a stoptail. Or you can wraparound all but your B string and run the B into the Maestro and make a "b-bender". Added value and all. :-

H-Bomb

It's been my experience that the BEVELING on the Historic stuff (including the VOS subseries) is fine' date=' very close to the originals. It's the lack of tapering of the body thickness on the tips of the horns that irks me, and keeps them from really looking like their namesakes to someone as picky about the "reissue" moniker as I.

One cool thing about the Special: if you can get it with the short-Maestro, you can have a whammy OR you can use the wraparound bridge on its own and use it like a stoptail. Or you can wraparound all but your B string and run the B into the Maestro and make a "b-bender". Added value and all. =P~

H-Bomb[/quote']

thanks man ill take that into consideration.

It's been my experience that the BEVELING on the Historic stuff (including the VOS subseries) is fine' date=' very close to the originals. It's the lack of tapering of the body thickness on the tips of the horns that irks me, and keeps them from really looking like their namesakes to someone as picky about the "reissue" moniker as I.

One cool thing about the Special: if you can get it with the short-Maestro, you can have a whammy OR you can use the wraparound bridge on its own and use it like a stoptail. Or you can wraparound all but your B string and run the B into the Maestro and make a "b-bender". Added value and all. =P~

H-Bomb[/quote']

thanks man ill take that into consideration.

Archived