Gibson Brands Forums

Help...Any certificate pic of 2006-2009 Gibson J-45 Legend ?

gotomsdos

Hi, guys out there. Long time no see. How're ya ?

Now I need a help.

One of my guitar friends has a 2007 Gibson J-45 Legend. I asked him if it has a certificate. He replied no and added only those which S/N is started with "0" have certificate. But I heard from guys here that a prototype has no certificate, J-45 Legend's certificate has nothing to do with "0" started S/N. So I told him what I heard from here. But he doesn't take my words saying that no pic, no belief. Firstly I googled, but unexpectedly no certificate pic with "0" started S/N found. So I'll ask for help here, anybody who has a 2006-2009 Gibson J-45 Legend with certificate Or has this very certificate pic or knows a site with the pic ? If yes, would you please upload your certificate or let me know where it is ? If it's not that convenient for you to upload here, would you please send it to my EMail(daimctell@gmail.com). Thank you in advance.

Dave - The Legend I have serial number starts with a 0, but then I would suspect all the Legends built in that 06-07 timeframe would, since the Gibson S/N number format use the first digit and fifth digit as the indictor of the year the guitar was built. I have no COA, nor do I have the Redline case. Both the case and the COA are easily separated from the guitar. The Legend I bought was paired with a very generic black case with a gray lining. It now resides, however, in a Gibson custom case with a Maroon lining, the my SJ came in, which I sold at the same time, along with that black/gray case. Not having a COA is no big deal to me. Ren Ferguson played that guitar and fondly remembers it, for a variety of reasons, so I know its authentic.

Dave - The Legend I have serial number starts with a 0, but then I would suspect all the Legends built in that 06-07 timeframe would, since the Gibson S/N number format use the first digit and fifth digit as the indictor of the year the guitar was built. I have no COA, nor do I have the Redline case. Both the case and the COA are easily separated from the guitar. The Legend I bought was paired with a very generic black case with a gray lining. It now resides, however, in a Gibson custom case with a Maroon lining, the my SJ came in, which I sold at the same time, along with that black/gray case. Not having a COA is no big deal to me. Ren Ferguson played that guitar and fondly remembers it, for a variety of reasons, so I know its authentic.

Thank you dan for fast reply !

Yes, COA is no big deal, I know.

Luckily I happened to find a link with COA of 2007 J-45 Legend:

https://artisanguitars.com/2007-gibson-1942-j-45-legend-adirondack-spruce-and-mahogany-hand-rubbed-vintage-sunburst-finish-id

But more pics of COA of 2006-2009 J-45 Legend are welcome.

Thank you dan for fast reply !

Yes, COA is no big deal, I know.

Luckily I happened to find a link with COA of 2007 J-45 Legend:

https://artisanguitars.com/2007-gibson-1942-j-45-legend-adirondack-spruce-and-mahogany-hand-rubbed-vintage-sunburst-finish-id

But more pics of COA of 2006-2009 J-45 Legend are welcome.

$3,600 with the Redline case was a great deal for somebody.

Archived