Gibson Brands Forums

allen collins and his old firebird

buddy light

Yeah, he was great. I have that whole Old Grey Whistle Test episode on my DVR and have watched it repeatedly. One of my great regrets is not seeing them live - even though I grew up just down the road. By the time I was really into music the crash had happened. I did see the Rossington-Collins Band, good - but not the same.

allen is an awesome guitarist, one of my favorites! although you can't acount all of lynyrd skynyrds stuff to just him cause he wasn't the only one playing lead. it sounds like (to me any ways) on lots of their stuff there is two different guitars playing lead stuff during the solos, switching of or do things together. i think that's him and rossington but i may be wrong (i don't always get names right). it sounds cool though. i can diffenately here alot of it during the freebird solo, two guitars playing the same little lick together at the sime time or doing stuff like that. my dad likes to call that crispy notes x]

collins looked pretty cool too (IMO) thats kinda of the look i'm going for, with my hair anyways. i think it will look kinda like his once it gets alot longer. although his color cordinated outfits were kinda silly looking (i know, i know, i spelled that wrong).

allen20collins.jpg

Archived