Gibson Brands Forums

GR Demos on YouTube

MCK

has anyone found any pedalboards that they really like using with gr3? saw the one for gr3 for like 300 bucks, but found some for 100 and others for 40 on ebay. will only the one made for gr3 work? or are there some cheaper versions that work just the same. i think this may have been posted somewhere else but i couldn't find it and i haven't even got to use gr3 yet

here's one i think might work

http://tinyurl.com/dxgyx4

Behringer FCB1010 with or without aftermarket UNO firmware chip seems to be quite the fave. I got one of these but having problems unrelated to the pedal with GR3 "Learn" capability. Please see my other post on the topic.

You're most welcome. Its a fullblown MIDI footswitch so you can use it with so much more than GR3. I am having lots of fun with this software called Bome's Midi Translator which lets you catch MIDI actions sent by the footswitch and then translate them to keypresses, mouse moves or even sequences of events. Highly recommend you to check it out if you get the FCB1010. Beware though, the programming learning curve is steep. Took a few long nights for me to start getting it.

that may not be the program for me then, lol. i just sat down with guitar rig for the first time last night (finally got the RMA back!!!) and it took me a little while to figure out how to set up the inputs and outputs. do you set inputs as guitar in for one and peizo for the other? j/w, this is my first experience using any kind of software like this. the most user friendly route is probably best for me

Congratulations on having your DF back. Hope all is well. Yes, guitar is one input & piezo is other but you can mute piezo and 6 string separation and feed guitar in at first to get a good feel. Take your time, just enjoy the preset sounds and marvel at the technology.

i'll have to give that a shot after work today, longest day ever.... I posted on the return of the RMA, really loving the guitar. some minor issues, but it looks like the had to play the **** out of it to figure out how to fix it! haha, can't be mad since they got it working +:-@ I used only presets last night and didn't even think about using a different rig for each string! just read that from elantric. looks like lots of sleepless nights ahead

Archived