Gibson Brands Forums

Telephone Number for Gibson Service in USA

captainrico

Does anyone know the telephone number to call the Gibson service desk in USA

I have the toll free number 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766), but I can't dial it from Singapore.

Alas, I have to return the Dark Fire to Gibson for repairs. Being only one of two in Singapore isn't good when it comes to service!

It seems you can get service in USA, Europe, Japan or China - the rest of the world can go without ;-)

Rico

Hi Rico, so sorry to hear about your problem. Lets hope there is a way to resolve without having to send your guitar to US.

Few ideas come to mind if you don't mind some tinkering. Mind you I am not a Gibson authorized maintenance person nor an EE so please try (if you wish) at your risk.

Does the CPU respond to various MCK moves?

Can you goto C and verify battery charge state? Is it charged?

Eitherway can you try to fully charge?

I would suggest opening the backplate & totally disconnecting the battery from the black box it connects to (CPU) and hence drain the unit of power.

Reconnect & re-try tuning action. Any change?

Next try to connect to RIP and re-load DF firmware, reset & retry. Any change?

Next is a long shot. If you have no luck so far you might be indeed in need of a RMA. Once when I was tinkering with my D tuner because it was not behaving, I took it out, put it back and there was no life. None at all. Just like what you are describing. I took it out, put it back again and tightened the hex nut holding the tuner a little more and presto! It came back to life... It is very unlikely all 6 tuners have a connectivity problem but I think its worth a shot before calling it quits and sending your unit back home. So if you wish to try this here goes...

Remove strings,

remove all 6 tuners. Suggest you mark them so you can get them in the same position they came out of.

clean the connectors on both the tuners and the neck CPU behind your headstock.

Reinstall tuners.

try 1 string with Single-String up mode and see what happens...

Waiting for your next post with held-breath & fingers crossed. I truly hope somehow you recover from this. All the best.

PS. When you're tinkering in the cavity do look for signs of humidity related issues. I am wondering how well the DF is coping with the humidity in Singapore. Just a thought.

Captainrico,

sorry to hear about your problem.

Did you change strings recently?

Please check:

- Are there white symbols shining on the MCK once you activate tuning and strum the strings?

White lights on MCK indicate a short circuit! In this case, the Gibson G in the neck electronic box wont light up, which means no power is running up the strings to the neck CPU!

Is this happening?

If so, check your strings at the tuner-posts, taipiece and bridge. Strings must not touch each other at all!!

"Guide each string through your tailpiece, over the center of each saddle

(where contact is essential), and through the nut slot, and then straight

through the post hole. Pull a slight amount of tension on the string, and

tighten down the locking nut on the post hole. Cut the extra length off each

string close to the post so that they will not make contact with other strings,

as that would cause the system to function improperly. Also, do not use any

strings which have frayed wraps at the ball end, because that could short

circuit the Data-Transmitting Tailpiece. It will not damage the Tailpiece, but

Dark Fire will not function if any part of the string touches beyond its

insulated holder."

Regards

Tronical

Does anyone know the telephone number to call the Gibson service desk in USA

I have the toll free number 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766)' date=' but I can't dial it from Singapore.

Alas, I have to return the Dark Fire to Gibson for repairs. Being only one of two in Singapore isn't good when it comes to service!

It seems you can get service in USA, Europe, Japan or China - the rest of the world can go without ;-)

Rico[/quote']

Couldn't find a number, but try adding this to your AOL Instant Messenger buddy list:

customer.service1@gibson.com

See if they can help you

Good Luck!

Archived