Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone "worn cherry" stain + poly clear coat

Jazz+

It's my understanding that the Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 "worn cherry" is a red stain with a clear poly top coat in a matte finish.

I have recently purchased one with a water decal of a rooster on the body . I assume the poly clear coat has protected the stain and wood and I will be able to coax the decal off with a warm water/vinegar cloth set upon it for a time. I presume it won't cause a white water stain.

Any thoughts?

I also hope to remove the rooster water decal and the "Special" logo on the black headstock.

post-94400-060168700 1546483390_thumb.png

It's my understanding that the Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 "worn cherry" is a red stain with a clear poly top coat in a matte finish.

I have recently purchased one with a water decal of a rooster on the body . I assume the poly clear coat has protected the stain and wood and I will be able to coax the decal off with a warm water/vinegar cloth set upon it for a time. I presume it won't cause a white water stain.

Any thoughts?

I also hope to remove the rooster water decal and the "Special" logo on the black headstock.

post-94400-060168700 1546483390_thumb.png

You'll be safe, shouldn't take that much effort to pull the Roosters off (unless there is clear over them). The Special logo will be under the poly finish of the headstock, not going to get that off with water/alcohol.

Johnny

Archived