Gibson Brands Forums

Robot Charger Spec

elantric

• 2 months later...

hey im actully that guy that didnt have a charger and wrote on my les paul forum i have extra chargers and boxes now all for the robot and all original gibson replacements if you need some help email me direct eraser8978@aol.com

Hi guys, I'm new here..

I'm italian and I'd like to know if there is a manual for the gibson robot in italian..

I've some difficult to tune my guitar like I want..

Can I tune every single string?

example: 6- C

5- G

4- C

3- F

2-A

1-D

=D>

• 8 months later...
Hi guys' date=' I'm new here..

I'm italian and I'd like to know if there is a manual for the gibson robot in italian..

I've some difficult to tune my guitar like I want..

Can I tune every single string?

example: 6- C

5- G

4- C

3- F

2-A

1-D

[biggrin

Hey bud. Last time I was in Milan, I had a great time. Your English seems really good, but I understand it's different reading the manual. I don't have mine in front of me, but I don't think that tuning is one of the presets, however, there is one open one that you can program to a tuning of your choice. I don't think there is a manual in Italian but find a local that can help you with the translation. It's not that difficult to set the one.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to let the rest of you know! My charger has worked correctly in the past. I started having problems with it going thru a complete charge when the blue lite comes on on the charger pack. Function would not complete a cycle. This happened to me the time before last charge too! What I found accidently was that by moving the patch cable plug in a semi rotation back and forth, I was able to get it to complete its charging cycle. This is most likely a dirty contact problem inside the jack for the charging module. Contact cleaner would most likely alleviate this problem. I feel there is nothing wrong with the charger and is only tarnish build up on jack contacts. I was able to do a complete charge cycle just by rotating plug. I felt it was worth putting here in case others experience a problem similar. Easy solution!

Here is a lost guide previously posted by another kind member. I had saved a copy of it. I feel it is easier to understand than the instructions in the manual.

Charge the Guitar:

1) Attach a short patch cable (1 foot or less) to the Robot Guitar.

2) Attach the power supply to the charger.

3) Plug in the power supply. At this point the charger LED acts as I listed above. When it begins blinking RED, I have about 1 minute to get connected to the guitar.

4) Pull MCK out.

5) Turn MCK to "C" LED.

6) Press the MCK display momentarily. At this point the guitar LEDs act as I listed above. When the Battery LED begins blinking RED, I have about 30 seconds to get connected to the charger.

7) Attach the patch cable to the charger. The guitar and charger begin seeking each other.

Consequences:

1) The charger LED blinks GREEN.

2) The guitar Battery symbol is solid GREEN.

3) The guitar charge level is "6" as indicated by the symbols: Arrow, e, B, G, D, and A. Symbols E, C, I, and Peg are not lit. The charge level LEDs pulse GREEN continuously.

4) Eventually the charge level pulses "7" as the symbol "E" is included in the continuous pulsing of the LEDs.

5) Eventually the charge level pulses "8" as the symbol "C" is included in the continuous pulsing of the LEDs.

6) Eventually the charge level pulses "9" as the symbol "I" is included in the continuous pulsing of the LEDs.

7) Eventually the charge level pulses "10" as the symbol "Peg" is included in the continuous pulsing of the LEDs.

8) It took about 10 minutes to get to charge-level "10". The guitar's LEDs continued pulsing in GREEN. The guitar Battery symbol continued to be solid GREEN. The charger LED continued blinking GREEN.

9) Eventually the charger LED changes to a solid BLUE. This occurred at about the 20 minute mark. The guitar's LEDs continued pulsing in GREEN. The guitar Battery symbol continued to be solid GREEN. Stop Charging the Guitar:

1) Push the MCK in.

Consequences:

1) The charger LED changes to a solid RED.

Disconnect:

1) Disconnect the patch cord from the charger.

2) Remove the patch cable from the guitar.

3) Remove the power supply from the outlet.

4) Remove the power supply from the charger.

• 2 months later...

Archived