Gibson Brands Forums

Portable recorders

ballcorner

What are y'all using for portable recorders?

I have a Boss BR-600 and it works well, runs on batteries, has built in condenser mics etc., but I am interested in a pocket sized field recorder that will fit in the guitar case.

Opinions? Experiences?

I use the Zoom H2 and it gives great results. Easy to use and very portable' date=' about the size of a point and shoot digital camera. [/quote']

Have you ever taken what you record on it and transferred it to a CD, or do you just use it as a musical notepad?

I have transfered the files to CD. I use a free program called Audacity to clean up the recordings. It is an open source program that you can down load off the net. I'm not a tech type person so there was a small learning curve on the types of capture media (wave v. MP3) and other technical sampling rates. That being said you can still transfer the files directly to CD without any clean up of the recording if your computer has CD burning capabilities. The limitation of the H2 is that you cannot multitrack (the H4 can) but I have not found that to be a problem (remember I'm not a tech person).

Fred

I have transfered the files to CD. I use a free program called Audacity to clean up the recordings. It is an open source program that you can down load off the net. I'm not a tech type person so there was a small learning curve on the types of capture media (wave v. MP3) and other technical sampling rates. That being said you can still transfer the files directly to CD without any clean up of the recording if your computer has CD burning capabilities. The limitation of the H2 is that you cannot multitrack (the H4 can) but I have not found that to be a problem (remember I'm not a tech person).

Fred

That is a great help Fred. Thanks.

Archived