Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200SCE

NickH

Just bought a new EJ200. Have a question or 2 regarding the pre-amp. The literature, user manual, and on line photos show a "Esonic2". Also states it requires 2

#2032 watch style batteries. The unit on my guitar is an "Esonic2-HD". Takes 2 AAA bats, and control layout is completely different from what is advertised. The "low battery" light is on again, after just replacing batteries. Out of the box - its been on, for less than 5 mins. Wondering why its not as described, and why its eating batteries. Thanks for any info...…….

• 3 months later...

Don't know the answer but I was caught out too:  not wanting to be without batteries at a gig I bought 4 x #2032, only to discover the guitar takes standard AAAs. I think it is pretty rubbish of Gibson/Epiphone not to update the manual that comes with the guitar, or online, with current information for owners.   There seems to be nothing useful from the manufacturer of the Esonic or Gibson about the 'HD' version available anywhere.