Gibson Brands Forums

a quick question.....

SG dude

My '79 "The SG" Walnut is in the case right now' date=' but I swear it's 5 or 6 pieces. Really......

Sustains for days. Vibrates the windows in the house.

UNPLUGGED........

When I plugged it into a Marshall 4100 (JCM900) 1/2 stack to record the DOUBLE AUGHT cd (cdbaby.com) in Paducah Ky., there were small Earthquakes along the New Madrid fault line.

You simply can't argue with history.

Murph.[/quote']

=D>

Cool! Mine is a 1979 too. It has a four piece body and sounds and vibrates quite good too. Even though it´s modified. Doesn´t look much like it used too. But I like it better as it is now. Even though it´s not original of course. But I´m not a collector in the first place. And for the player it is a much better guitar now. It was my first Gibson. I couldn´t afford any other. So this poor guitar went through a lot of modifications. First it got PAFs, then it got a clear coat and a brass nut. Then it had a very good fret job (plays much better since) and a plastic nut again. And latest mod was a P94 in bridge position. But I love this guitar and would never sell it. It´s with me for at least 25 years. I bought it slightly used back in the early 80s.

And the 4100 is a very good amp too. I still regret that I sold mine. I never used to miss one of my old Marshalls after it went for a new one. And I also like the TSL that I got instead. But I still miss the 4100 from time to time. If I´ll ever find a good one at a reasonable price, maybe I´ll go and get me another one.

Greetings

Kurt

FINALLY, i can squeeze something different in here (booya!) oh sorry, rush of excitement,( me neither) any wayzzzz, when i was at the guitar store, some SG standards had a cramy/yellow binding and some had white. personally i liked the white the best as you know it'll age with the guitar, but i dig the vintagy look, i didnt know there was different kinds, what're your favs?

FINALLY' date=' i can squeeze something different in here (booya!) oh sorry, rush of excitement,( me neither) any wayzzzz, when i was at the guitar store, some SG standards had a cramy/yellow binding and some had white. personally i liked the white the best as you know it'll age with the guitar, but i dig the vintagy look, i didnt know there was different kinds, what're your favs?[/quote']

This is one of the few aging things I don´t dislike. It has to match with the finish of the guitar. I like the yellow bindings and fretboard inlays on the Angus for example. But I like white ones too. But in the end they´ll all be yellow as my Les Paul shows.

Greetings

Kurt

This is one of the few aging things I don´t dislike. It has to match with the finish of the guitar. I like the yellow bindings and fretboard inlays on the Angus for example. But I like white ones too. But in the end they´ll all be yellow as my Les Paul shows.

Greetings

Kurt

Mines beautiful all around. Nice creamy yellow binding, nice cherry-red finish. Without the orangy deseise h bomb was talking about.

Archived