Gibson Brands Forums

Image size post problems...

pippy

A few days ago I was limited to putting an image of a MAXIMUM of 61kb.

Today I was allowed to post an image limited to a whopping 10kb!!!

What is going on? Do I have to reset something?

Pip.

30 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Was that from a hosting site like Imgur or a direct upload?  I haven't had any trouble with Imgur images.

Ah! That was a direct upload. I thought part of the new forum re-design was to allow us to directly cut'n'paste from a laptop / tablet / phone / washing machine / wax cylinder but perhaps that was just wishful thinking on my part......:-k......

I'll try it as we used to do it back in Olden Times...

Pip.

Taped-up-Pegheads.jpg

EDIT : OK. That works. And I didn't even commit Copyright Infringement so Mr. Agnesi shouldn't feel I've put his nose out of joint in the process!

2 hours ago, pippy said:

Ah! That was a direct upload. I thought part of the new forum re-design was to allow us to directly cut'n'paste from a laptop...

Pip.

Yeah at first I thought that was pretty cool too but I soon recognized the limitations.  First, the individual image size is restricted.  Second, the total space available to each user is limited (that's the sum total of all your uploads).   Third, once you upload them you can't remove them (at least I haven't figured out how yet).   Finally, I'm assuming if you do remove an image then it will no longer appear in your post.  

Hmm... maybe that's how you remove them, go back and edit the post.   :-k

Archived