Gibson Brands Forums

1988 Les Paul Studio Lite please help

Mushi73

Oh and just as a footnote, everything you have on yours is original and standard, the black hardewear the pickups etc. The only difference is some of them (including mine) had a locking nut system, unless this is something people have just had fitted. If anyone had one of these in a a colour other than black ie. the white or the yellow and might want to sell or trade for something, get in touch. Also anyone with any 70's japanese junk, antoria, ibanez, aria etc that you don't want, also get in touch via here! Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hey all,

Sorry to ressesitate a long oldy and coldy here guys..

Wow! I can't believe I found this thread. I have an ebony example of one of these and am trying to gather as much info on it as i can.

This has been my main axe since i purchased it at 16 years old back in 88. At the moment I'm trying desperatly to figure out exactly what neck profile this puppy has.

I love the medium thickness and would very much like to know what profile I've been getting used to all these years.

bobcatmarin, fantastic info you've gathered here. Would you by any chance know what LP/Gibson neck profile we've got here? I can say that a dillion LP Jr i tried recently was a very close match for feel.

For high res pics, and the main thread on my little axe, please see the link below to my post at the les paul forums if you're interested..

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/129869-my-weirdo-86-87-gibson-les-paul-lite-steinberger-bridge.html

Would be very interested to know the answer to the neck question.

Many thanks!

-jason

Archived