Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Chameleon Tone

Liystalander

Just wondering - does the setting for 'Metal' increase the gain at all?

Not particularly, - to my ears it just band limits the frequency response and looses clarity.

Its supposed to wire the pickups in series - when both are on, and apply a slight PEQ mid boost.

However the outstanding bug of complete lack of employing the neck PU bottom coil on any preset places major constraints on the intended Chameleon experience. This is a bug which needs attention asap. or maybe all P90H pickups are simply defective.

At my live gigs I have the widest sonic spectrum using standard Gibson mode, and blending Piezo with EQ as needed.

I work the stock tone controls for swift sonic changes.

I tend to leave both tone controls at "5" then increase/ decrease as needed - roll off treble during vocals, boost treble for solos.

This may be a stupid question, but if I were to say, take my guitar out of the case, after it being there all night, and start playing WITHOUT touching the MCK, tuning, or selecting a chameleon tone, what would it do? Does it automatically select the default chameleon tone? Does it not do anything?

Thanks

I picked metal because i really like how it sounds in dropped tuning, but it's really close between the metal and acoustic because that is just badass. it really shows off the versitality of the DF, especially in gr3 with an acoustic preset... it's DAMN close to sounding like my alvarez, almost where i don't need it..... almost ;-)

Not particularly' date=' - to my ears it just band limits the frequency response and looses clarity.

Its supposed to wire the pickups in series - when both are on, and apply a slight PEQ mid boost.

[/quote']

So the signal is slightly boosted in the mid frequencies? This is actually pretty neat. I might buy a Dark Fire when all the bugs are ironed out.

Archived