Gibson Brands Forums

Hot Hide Glue, Fact or Fiction?

suburude63

No Modoc your right!! I know nothing of scientific experiment! ! since I work in Lilly's R&D dept. As what you may ask?

I put this link up for interest only. It sure has caused a Stir! You know I really could care less what this guy did! "It really does not mean s&%t to an Eskimo" I have owned guitars with both hide glue and not! I loved the guitars for reason of sound and beauty! Not what type of glue holding them together! Modoc you are an interesting guy an expert I take it in all things gluey and guitary! My hat off to you and your psychic ability to tell my knowing or not how to conduct scientific experiments!!

suburude

and you clearly have no concept of how to conduct a proper scientific experiment.

note that i made no statement as to which was better. Yes, as a matter of fact i am pretty well educated and experienced when it comes to building/repairing guitars as a profession. I also didn't need any psychic powers in this matter. the individual ran a flawed experiment. you support that flawed experiment. that's enough right there.

Archived