Gibson Brands Forums

Amp model/specs identification

carlc

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for help in getting a model # and specifications for a Gibson amp I recently picked up. I believe it is from the early '70s. I have pictures. It is 2 channel, 1- 15" speaker, reverb and tremelo on one channel.

Thanks,

Carl

Look at the rear - see the black plate with the Footswitch jack - the Model number is located there.

Looks like a solid state C.M.I Gibson Amp, circa 1971. Built in El Monte California. Identical chassis was used in G50, G60, G70, G80 - Its probably a G70 - or the Model with one 15" speaker.

Schematic is here:

http://www.schematicheaven.com/gibsonamps/ga50_60_70_80.pdf

• 1 month later...

This looks like my G50, but mine is 1x12 speaker. It is probally a G60 or G70 . I also have a G80 which I purchased in 1975 . Same type amp except 4x10 speakers. I found it ( again -20 years later- with many parts missing , and have got most of it restored, except the reverb. ) I can't find much in the way of a spare parts list. Your amp was made by C.M.I Lincolnwood ILL. , for Gibson, in the '70's. The good people on this site has posted a schematic ,if you have problems. I have no idea how to to read the serial with respect to the year made. The chassis on my G80 is stamped 1974 on the inside of the unit.

• 1 year later...

Archived