Gibson Brands Forums

Another Darkfire run?

CanadaBoy23

I was at a Guitar Center in Jacksonville today cause my brother wanted to check out some basses and amps. So I went and played around and a guy there I knew said that Gibson might be doing another run of the Darkfire around late april and may. I hope this is true because I might have another chance to get one. Also when I was there, there was a Blue Silverburst Robot there that some collecter bought but never used. I played it with a marshall microstack and it sounded great. I wish I coulda got it but just can't afford it now. So I hope that there will be another run of the Darkfire.#-o

a guy i play with saw the dark fire and wants one but his wife won't let him spend the money. he's looking at getting one of the first edition robots, but i wouldn't spend the money. no chameleon tone tech, slow tuning, only 7 tunings to program, and NO abelton, gr3, or RIP. It's also a limited edition first run DF so the value retention will most likely be better. He agreed and can't justify saving some money to go with the first edition, we agree it's not worth it compared to what you get with a DF. i told him to buy one and tell her it's mine and he's keeping it at his house so my wife doesn't know #-o sneaky, eh?

hopefully by the time she figures it out it'll be too late to return it. all decisions made in married life come down to' date=' is she going to leave me if i do this? if the answer is no, that means she'll eventually get over it and i have a green light :-D [/quote']

It is always easier to seek forgiveness than to seek permission. ;)

hopefully by the time she figures it out it'll be too late to return it. all decisions made in married life come down to' date=' is she going to leave me if i do this? if the answer is no, that means she'll eventually get over it and i have a green light :-D [/quote']

Well, as long as we all remember why divorce lawyers do so well...

Archived