Gibson Brands Forums

Help needed, more info.

Tommie Liekola

More info needed.

I have an Epiphone by Gibson S800MRB Metallic red body and metallic red bolt on neck, HSS pickup setup, 3 switches (one for each pickup) and push/pull coil splitter for humbucker.

it has a KKT1 tremolo and hexagon tool holder on back of head.

serial nr: 71011378

is this autentic, and what is the value nowdays?

26E957FD-C2A0-4CF7-B3CD-8676933D3500.jpeg

I've already answered whether or not it's authentic. Yes, It is. In good condition these seem to fetch around $300 give or take. The problem is finding someone locally who knows what it is and likes them...unless you want to ship.

Also, that's not a KB trem. That's a Bennder trem and thank your lucky stars because the KB was prone to breaking and hard to replace because of the routing and it's obsolescence.  The Bennder was a bit better, but the blocks like to crumble after they age. Fortunately you can replace it with a Floyd Rose with only a little modifications to the body if you have to.

Edited by RobinTheHood

17 minutes ago, RobinTheHood said:

I've already answered whether or not it's authentic. Yes, It is. In good condition these seem to fetch around $300 give or take. The problem is finding someone locally who knows what it is and likes them...unless you want to ship.

Also, that's not a KB trem. That's a Bennder trem and thank your lucky stars because the KB was prone to breaking and hard to replace because of the routing and it's obsolescence.  The Bennder was a bit better, but the blocks like to crumble after they age. Fortunately you can replace it with a Floyd Rose with only a little modifications to the body if you have to.

Thanks for the info so far;)

so far this guitar is in ”like a new chape” and no what so ever problems or anything.

I would like to keep it but i need the money for my upgrade of the Roland TD25-50 I’m about to do.

If i find a buyer paying $300 plus shipping (if outside EU) i would sell it.

within EU the shipping costs would be around $20-30 and i would pay for that if given me $310 for the Epi.

so It’s made in Samick (Korea), Basswood body with Maple neck/fret board, Bennder locking tremolo, but what is the pickups if you know?

Best Regards:

Tommie L

22 hours ago, Tommie Liekola said:

Thanks for the info so far;)

so far this guitar is in ”like a new chape” and no what so ever problems or anything.

I would like to keep it but i need the money for my upgrade of the Roland TD25-50 I’m about to do.

If i find a buyer paying $300 plus shipping (if outside EU) i would sell it.

within EU the shipping costs would be around $20-30 and i would pay for that if given me $310 for the Epi.

so It’s made in Samick (Korea), Basswood body with Maple neck/fret board, Bennder locking tremolo, but what is the pickups if you know?

Best Regards:

Tommie L

The pickups are called Tech II. They were a short lived brand that Epiphone made for a few years. I don't know much more about them than that. Probably medium to high output.  

Here's more info on the guitar.

http://epiphonewiki.org/index/S-Series.php#S-800