Gibson Brands Forums

about 2016 j45 legend

kennethrainol

Hello fellas,

I'm curious about this model, I will post two pics below, and their certificates are totally different, But their built in the same year, one 30 of 40 one is 34 of 40,One was hand-written(1942 j-45 legend) ,The  other was printed,The SN was different too. I‘ve seen lots of legend, most of their certificates was printed,Does anyone know why they're different?? Thank you all!zxiilzcydc7nwyuwitko.thumb.jpg.15b32b90c48e8b226378da01c76f3b0b.jpgIMG_6019.thumb.jpg.f2d8566b486e6f0a0641d356b88b7563.jpg

Edited by kennethrainol

The serial numbers of two modern Gibsons should not be the same as each other. The serial number is an individual identifier. Some COA certs and labels seem to have the model and serial number printed, and others are hand-written, without obvious rhyme or reason. Those COA's appear to be hand-signed as well.

Legend-series guitars such as the L-OO and J-45 would not typically have a label inside the guitar, as they are exact reproductions of guitars that would not originally have had labels.. The serial number should be ink-stamped on the neck block inside the guitar.

If you are concerned about the authenticity of the guitars, we might be able to help you if you could post some photos.

By the way, these COA's are a totally different format from the one that came with my 1937  L-00 Legend. That COA has errors in  that it talks about "1940s building techniques" and a "custom 1940s redline case", which are curious properties for an instrument replicating a 1937 guitar.

Just some of the little quirks that come with owning Gibsons.

17 hours ago, j45nick said:

The serial numbers of two modern Gibsons should not be the same as each other. The serial number is an individual identifier. Some COA certs and labels seem to have the model and serial number printed, and others are hand-written, without obvious rhyme or reason. Those COA's appear to be hand-signed as well.

Legend-series guitars such as the L-OO and J-45 would not typically have a label inside the guitar, as they are exact reproductions of guitars that would not originally have had labels.. The serial number should be ink-stamped on the neck block inside the guitar.

If you are concerned about the authenticity of the guitars, we might be able to help you if you could post some photos.

By the way, these COA's are a totally different format from the one that came with my 1937  L-00 Legend. That COA has errors in  that it talks about "1940s building techniques" and a "custom 1940s redline case", which are curious properties for an instrument replicating a 1937 guitar.

Just some of the little quirks that come with owning Gibsons.

Thank you for the reply,I have a 1937 L-00 LEGEND too which was built in 2016,And the COA was exactly the same as the second pic except the SN, thats why I'm curious about this COA.

And the case was different too, I will post some pics below so you can see that. It seems like that I can't upload pics over 0.21mb don't know why.