Gibson Brands Forums

Here's an upbeat rousing original tune to help ease the dreariness of these interesting times.

QuestionMark

Here's an original upbeat instrumental to help counter all of the dreariness of these interesting times.

You may recall that during the holiday season I tried to push my musical boundaries by playing some holiday tunes on a classical guitar and trying to stay behind the beat but still within the beat on each tune.

With all of the dreariness of these interesting times, I thought I'd try to push my musical boundaries a bit further by writing and playing an original flamenco style song, also on a classical guitar.  

Here's the URL link to click on:

"Crickets" composed/performed by "Jazzman" Jeff 

Why is it called "Crickets"?  To make a long story short, this past winter for totally silly reasons my wife and I kept making jokes about cricket insects.  I can't even recall the jokes but we laughed and laughed.  And, somewhere in there she asked me to write a piece of music about crickets.   The other day I woke up with the melody in my head and then worked on it for a few days, adapting it to guitar.  It works that way sometimes.  Go figure.

Hope you listen and enjoy the music (and hopefully share it.)  And, I hope it brightens you days during these dreary times.

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

• Thanks 1