Gibson Brands Forums

70’s J 200

Great photo...those '70s 200s aren't all bad, I played a show with Grant Nicholas of Feeder some years ago and his J200 (a '74 I think) is fantastic. 

I'm curious about Lenny's setup here, the recording nerd in me wants to know what mic and pre that is! I know I wouldn't let my dog anywhere near my studio, it would be woofing its head off at any given opportunity and ruining everything!

23 minutes ago, Jinder said:

Great photo...those '70s 200s aren't all bad, I played a show with Grant Nicholas of Feeder some years ago and his J200 (a '74 I think) is fantastic. 

I'm curious about Lenny's setup here, the recording nerd in me wants to know what mic and pre that is! I know I wouldn't let my dog anywhere near my studio, it would be woofing its head off at any given opportunity and ruining everything!

Jinder,

I’ve watched a few of your YouTube videos.Really great !! Will go back and leave a comment or two.

You know from what I’ve seen the large body maple guitars from the 70’s have been the most consistent acoustics within the inconsistent Norlin  era.

a few other examples:

Ashcroft with this beautifully faded cherry 200 Artist:

Steve Jones’ 70’s Dove in Ebony:

I know you and I share a love for Sitka/maple 

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar
  • Like 1