Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton-ii 2008 help

Marty Low

Hi everyone

I've joined the forum as a new epiphone owner and in need of help. I bought a Sheraton-ii VS as stated on the inside label from an eBay seller. Great guitar lovely looking but really needed a clean. I know with most guitars VS means vintage sunburst but this guitar is all natural maple colour with the gold grover tuners and red tortoise shell pick guard. So what does the VS in this case mean? Vintage series? And if it was a pro model would it be printed on the label inside. It just says Sheraton-ii VS and the serial number which I had checked online. The guitar looks factory finnished apart from the volume and tone knobs which are black and not the off gold colour. Any help would be very  much appreciated. Screenshot_20201017_005625.thumb.jpg.4de198498e1387f1f081ead4b64b4558.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, VS would mean vintage sunburst however its not impossible for the wrong label to have been put in. 

I have an 04 and an 06 and they both have the serial numbers screen printed on the back of the head stock, does yours?

It is not a pro model, they are more recent, they replaced the standard sheraton II around 2016 i think.

The natural version looks the best, I am currently search for a 2004 natural to go with my VS.

Enjoy, there are not many better guitars out there for the money.