Gibson Brands Forums

Maton custom black finish EBG808 > Tonedexer = Blues! - Warning: Maton Content!

BluesKing777

I posted this on AGF and often post it here as well while I am at it.

FYI: a number of years ago, the moderators decided we could post other guitar makes - in the interest of free speech, comparison purposes, discussion .etc. - we have to put "Warning: ...........fill in guitar here....Content!" in the heading.....so sensitive types don't have to look/hear.

This small body deep body 00 size guitar - 'shop custom order' black finish is still in the factory setup as it came out of the box a couple of years ago when I was first at the shop to try it. This guitar is 'sorted' and a road warrior. The pickup system with dual source is just fabulous.

Similar to the recording I did on my CEO7 to Tonedexter the other week, here is my Maton custom black finish EBG808 (a deep body 00) through the onboard pickup system run to Tonedexter file > mixer > iMac. The onboard system is dual source but today I turned the mic off and used the Tonedexter sound file as there is a lot of noise going on - stormy wind, warm and humid, floor fan on and facing me, blowdryer going somewhere in the house, lawn mowing outside...etc..etc... all that! And not picked up by the plugged in sound I have! Could be handy if I ever got to play in a noisy bar again! ( I used to play in a bar that sold 40 types of bourbon or such and the crowd started out quiet..........biggrin.gif)

So, some blues fingerpicking :

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Sad 2