Gibson Brands Forums

Do it yourself VOS aging?

xxx

I've got a Les paul Studio that I think would look great with the VOS treatment. I understand from the Administrators post that the nitro on VOS models are chemically treated to produce the aged look. What chemicals are used? Any suggestions?

Gosh bro....my suggestion "DON'T". I don't mean that in a harsh or critical way but I think modifying a guitar in the manner you are suggesting is most likely to lead to heartbreak. Let it age naturally or enjoy your shiny new guitar. If you want a factory aged guitar, buy one that can be documented as a custom instrument. Your customization is likely to seriously devalue your instrument. Please accept my comments as well-intended and heartfelt and not hurtful.

Steve (telecasters)

I agree!

I'd just let my guitar age naturally. For two reasons;

1.) If you were to make a mistake & mess it up, well, you'd be sorry.

2.) I just dislike this fake ageing thing, but to each his own, I guess.

Thanks guy's for the input. I'm getting older and I really like the looks of my old guitars that have aged naturally, but I don't know if I have that many years left to watch a new one through the process. That being said, after spending a few hours with the new Studio with BFG electronics, I really don't want to mess with it. It is perfect. Thanks again for your concern!

Thanks guy's for the input. I'm getting older and I really like the looks of my old guitars that have aged naturally' date=' but I don't know if I have that many years left to watch a new one through the process. That being said, after spending a few hours with the new Studio with BFG electronics, I really don't want to mess with it. It is perfect. Thanks again for your concern![/quote']

aahhh,your probablly not that old.

Archived