Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L6-S

Colorancher

I bought an L6-S over 20 years ago when I was in a country rock band. I loved the guitar for the maple body. It has a has a rosewood fingerboard but I don't really know much else about the guitar. Any experts out there know more? I kinda think the pickups have low output. I bought it because the 6 position selector switch was supposed to have a Telecaster, single pole sound. Are there some pickup upgrades I can implement and how the heck do I wire the six positions switch?

Thanks, Oringo. I really didn't know what they were. I know the six position selector is supposed to have single pole positions to give it that Tele sound and it does alright, but they seem a bit muted or something. Maybe they need to be set closer to the strings.

You might want to get the electrics checked out, make sure all the connections are solid and the contacts in the rotary switch are clean etc. It's been a long time since I played an L6S, but I remember being able to get a nice bright tone out of one without it getting muted. Of course, that unique "ringing bell" Tele sound is hard to get, even with a Tele...

Archived