Gibson Brands Forums

Back from vacation... no change eh?

MCK

Hi there all of you. Just checking back after a great diving trip off East Malaysia on an island with no Internet or GSM coverage. Believe it or not there are still such places where one gets to really rest. Anyways, off topic as always I am checking in to see how things are... Any revelations?

MCK..welcome back. Man, sure sounds like a grrrreat vacation...good for you.

Revelations....none for me. I did blow a tube in one of my FDRBF's...well, not really blew, but it turned white. That means a crack in the tube allowed air to get in. Just replaced the tubes a coupla months back. Had a warranty on the tubes....6 months, but they don't cover gettin a crack in the tube....only if the tube dies out. Anyway, order'd a new matched set, installed em and rebiased...all fine now.

Ordered the Ableton 7 upgrade and will be playin around with it in a little bit to learn how to use it.

That's all folks from my neck-o-the-woods ! :-

there seems to be some sort of revelatory 'announcement' in the making for the Musikmesse in Frankfurt (european kinda NAMM show) ... so this upcoming week might be interesting ... let's hope they won't go all steinberg on us and discontinue the DF before it's really working, announcing a new one with 'even more features' like being able to upload your riffs directly to your facebook page and other super usefull enhancements ...

MCK..welcome back. Man' date=' sure sounds like a grrrreat vacation...good for you.

Revelations....none for me. I did blow a tube in one of my FDRBF's...well, not really blew, but it turned white. That means a crack in the tube allowed air to get in. Just replaced the tubes a coupla months back. Had a warranty on the tubes....6 months, but they don't cover gettin a crack in the tube....only if the tube dies out. Anyway, order'd a new matched set, installed em and rebiased...all fine now.

Ordered the Ableton 7 upgrade and will be playin around with it in a little bit to learn how to use it.

That's all folks from my neck-o-the-woods ! =D> [/quote']

Sure was! Thanks for your kind words. Sorry to hear about the tube. Thats one strange warranty if I know one. I guess they claim you caused the crack which of course is hard to prove against. Oh well... Live and learn right?

Welcome back' date=' MCK! What was the name of the island?[/quote']

Thanks photonutalan1. It was Mataking island which is close to a very very famous dive site called Sipadan. Had a day at Sipadan as well so we are all smiles ear to ear. Here's the location : http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4.581267,+118.946700 ...

This is off the island of Sabah / Borneo which is a very interesting place altogether with rainforests, Orangutans and tribes known to exercise cannibalism as recently as 1960s... Glad to be back with my head where it belongs and not on a spear!

there seems to be some sort of revelatory 'announcement' in the making for the Musikmesse in Frankfurt (european kinda NAMM show) ... so this upcoming week might be interesting ... let's hope they won't go all steinberg on us and discontinue the DF before it's really working' date=' announcing a new one with 'even more features' like being able to upload your riffs directly to your facebook page and other super usefull enhancements ...[/quote']

Hmmm, now that would make the delivered DFs really Limited Edition wouldn't it! Hope the news will be good. I am sure many will be happy.

Archived