Gibson Brands Forums

How rare is the Les Paul Pro?

Loud N Proud

I was really wondering how hard it is to find a Les Paul Pro? I picked one up a few months ago and have absolutely fallen in love with it.

The crazy thing is I have been looking for them all over the place and can not find one. I have gone to and called several shops and even looked in different places on line and can not find one anyplace.

I have found some info on them and realize they were only made from 1978 - 1982 but my guess is maybe there were just not a lot of these made?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I Love the Goldtop!!!

I was totally surprised how nice it was. My wife actually pointed it out to me and when I played it I new I had to bring it home. It is funny how it climbed to the top of my list as a favorite.

Mine still has a p90 in it and a mini humbucker. I will have to post some pictures. I will keep looking just to see what else is out there. Definitely one to have in your arsenal.

I was really wondering how hard it is to find a Les Paul Pro? I picked one up a few months ago and have absolutely fallen in love with it..

They're out there. Unfortunately, rarity doesn't confer collectibility on them, nor does it raise their value (necessarily).

Mine is a player. I have never really been a believer in collecting. That being said, I can not tell you how much I love this guitar and that is why I am looking for a second one. Sort of stinks they are hard to find, but I will keep looking.

P4020119.jpg

P4020120.jpg

Archived