Gibson Brands Forums

Details from Messe '09?

dukemaster

Yep,

I played the very DF pictures there on that workstation.

Pups were in phase, it sounded great. So I took the opportunity to discuss my DF polarity issue with Gibson team.

Once having made contact with the right persons (I nearly got to speak with Henri, or his clone...) They were friendly and helpful and they said that all will be fixed in due time. What they said also made it clear that sometime down the line all DF will ship, with finalized hardware and software. Even if I was there on the first day, I had the feeling they already did have DF owners... or pre-owners (!) visiting.

Now we must understand them (I work with a manufacturer present in FF, so I certainly can understand their position): if they were to hint at dates or give too precise information, this would instantly be published here, for a start. So they rather be sure of what is announced before releasing any specific information. Hence current silence.

Knowing a bit about development cycles, hard or soft, what seem to be an eternity from a user's point of view can just be a rush moment when putting all these bits & chips together. So it's been 3 month since first shipments and the decision to update DF, that is a long time to wait for something, but a very short time for actually creating it. Ask Einstein. But ,still, this gives room for doing some solid work, so we should have some news... "soon".

That's it? Nothing more? Harmony Central hasn't updated either. There's not much word anywhere about Dark Fire. I went to my local music store and put my order in and they had informed me that they had ordered 10 during the first run but only recieved 2 before Gibson stopped. They're waiting to hear from their rep or Henri? about expected ship dates again. It's good to know they halted shipping to fix bugs but it's been a while right? I'm gettin' antsy while anticipating taking delivery of the DF.

Nothing more than usual. Gibson doesn't communicate. Finally if! DarkFire the guitar the most technologically advanced bla bla bla. But there are bugs that we must solve bla bla bla. They work over the past 4 months but...Nothing.

My disapointment gradually leaves me for anger. It really suck. I expected much of the messe, I expected answers....And...NOTHING AGAIN

Well, I'm new to this and haven't been waiting for months as others have. Therefore my patience is at a higher level. I'm sure a company like Gibson isn't going to admit defeat over some glitches as they're minor at best. They just need time to make it right. I respect them for that and I've been through this with other manufacturers as well. I would just like some new material to drool over whilst I wait. How about some sound bites from those who are lucky enough to already have one of these? I think I'll start a new thread just for that.

Guys, I'm just back from Messe where I had meetings with both Chris Adams and some of the Gibson managment team.

They have done extensive work on the guitar and assuming no new problems arise the Dark Fires will begin shipping again in May.

Guys, I'm just back from Messe where I had meetings with both Chris Adams and some of the Gibson management team.

They have done extensive work on the guitar and assuming no new problems arise the Dark Fires will begin shipping again in May.

All the above is indeed an accurate assessment of the situation.

Guys' date=' I'm just back from Messe where I had meetings with both Chris Adams and some of the Gibson managment team.

[/quote']

At last a man with some half tidy information.!!

Thanks for sharing that with all the rest of us waiting in wonder.

It's very much appreciated #-o) :D

Did you have a good time at messe? Get to try out the DF?

At last a man with some half tidy information.!!

Thanks for sharing that with all the rest of us waiting in wonder.

It's very much appreciated O:)) =P~

Did you have a good time at messe? Get to try out the DF?

I had a great time thanks. Tried out 5 different DF'S. All were EF's and had the MCK noise problems This has been substantially addressed for the next batch but will depend on user Piezo and PEQ settings.

I left a "have not" gR3 preset on each macbook I used in case any of us turned up. O:)

Great to play them at last and the whole trip has reignited my enthusiasum.

Great to play them at last and the whole trip has reignited my enthusiasum.

That's really great to hear Simon, I like others patiently waiting will sure to be a little more put at

ease of their purchase by hearing those words, Great Stuff =P~

Wish i could have got out to messe, but home and work commitments dont permit unfortunatly.

Glad you had a good time.

Thanks again. :o)

two reliable very knowledgable guitar professionals who tried out the DF for me at MM both said it's a beautifull and well playing guitar ... top-woods on the DFs were apparently quite flamed (yeehah ..) .. they couldn't really comment on the sound since it was quite crowded and noisy when they were there

overall they agreed that it looks and plays very well for such a 'cheap' guitar (considering half the price of the DF is software and electronics) ... that hurt a bit, but coming from Gibson Custom Shop and PRS private Stock owners it was to be expected ...

Archived