Gibson Brands Forums

Which Hummingbird version is this?

Thomas Edler

16 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Well, what I call the black rosette is seen on your Bird. The white ditto is what (probably) incircles the s-hole on the Sheryl Crow CW. 

In my experience TV Birds typically feature the white r, Standards the black. There are exceptions though. Eeeeeh, yours fx, , , AND one of mine from 2012.                                                                                            Look at the pic of my TV trio above. The guitar to the right has the black r, the others have white. The one to the left btw, is from the 2008 167 black/yellow case  batch. 

But good Edler, I tried not to worry you by writing it didn't matter. Hope your nerves didn't begin to fringe. . 

Ooouh, , , one more thing. Haven't yet seen white rosettes on a Standard, , , ever. . 

Don't worry, I am fine 😉 Aaaaaand a lot of things showed me it is a TV including the Customer Service who also wrote that the S/N is a True Vintage in their system. And if not, it sounds fantastic anyway. It plays buttery soft and sounds buttery soft - I don't know if that means something in english, but in German it does 😅 You are right, the SC has w/b/w! I am not 100% shure but for me it looks like the Soundhole of the SC is not the exact same position as the one on the HB, and it looks like it has a slightly other shape... but that can be, because of the sunburst that makes it look this way... But I am really really happy with the guitar and have to play her all the time. Can't get my hands off of her... Perfect combination with the J-45. For me the "True Vintage" series seems magical. I didn't like the torrified ones or the standards... I love this "boxy" Gibson sound in this TV guitars, Sounds like the highest quality shoebox (ment in a really really positive way!!!!!) - as I said: Magical...

22 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

P.S. - If you really want to measure whether a Bird is True Vintage/Vintage/etc. or Standard, focus on the back braces. The latter are (or used to be anyway) a nail thicker.  

The standard latters are thicker, or? Need a mirror but will definately check that out! Thank you for all the information - you seem to be a really true H'bird fan! Way to go for me! A friend of mine has a Gibson SJ-200 Bob Dylan. I love it - 2 pickguards, Adi Top, BEAUTIFUL sunburst and inlays... When I am rich I think I will have to cpmplete the Gibson TV series... SJ-200 is missing (also Adirondack Top - which I love on the J-45) and I think I will not need the Southern Jumbo if I already git the J-45 also if the neck would make a sound difference... But who knows...