Gibson Brands Forums

alternate tunings / upgrade

niemepet

I try to understand the custom altered tuning in GOR, because there is for example D-G-C-F-A-D tuning missing. Is it really so, that GOR has only seven different preset positions that you can store? And you should overwrite one of those seven factory preset positions, if you want to use other tuning?

How many tunings Dark Fire can keep?

Has anyone heard any news about GOR upgrade?

Yes, you understand it correctly. You can only store a few tunings - and you do overwrite whats there already. Also, there's a limited range of notes it will recognise - you can't go more than about 3 frets from standard tuning.

Yes' date=' you understand it correctly. You can only store a few tunings - and you do overwrite whats there already. Also, there's a limited range of notes it will recognise - you can't go more than about 3 frets from standard tuning.[/quote']

Thanks stoz! I didn't know that there is also this kind of limit. But D-tuning can just fit to the 3 frets limit.

Last Christmas I believed, that I don't need GOR upgrade, if it is just upgrade to tuning system (not the whole DF). But I was wrong - now the fast tuners and more "banks" to store tunings sounds good. But if it is just the fast tuners... to me it is not worth to upgrade, because the original tuners are fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived