Gibson Brands Forums

335/Dot Deluxe 2002 “Limited Edition” info

N.Paperman

• N.Paperman changed the title to 335/Dot Deluxe 2002 “Limited Edition” info

If it’s an Epiphone Dot I’ve never heard of them having Gibson on the Headstock in 2002.. 

I’m not aware of Gibson building Gibson Dot ES335’s in Korea in 2002 either.. 

Not sure I’ve heard of either, ever..

Edited by Larsongs

Lars, the original poster means "Gibson" was on the truss rod cover of his/her Epiphone Dot Deluxe, which was made in Korea. Epiphone did this from about 1986 through 2004 on some models. Epiphones were made in Korea from the early 1980s through the mid 2000s, when production transitioned to (mostly) China . Epiphone now calls the Epiphone Dot the Epiphone Inspired by Gibson ES-335 (or just the Epiphone ES-335).

N. Paperman, Dot Deluxes were cosmetic upgrades of the standard Dot. There were several editions, so the features vary, but differences could include gold hardware or a flamed top or both. I don't think any had pickup upgrades.

Red 333

Edited by Red 333

4 hours ago, Red 333 said:

Lars, the original poster means "Gibson" was on the truss rod cover of his/her Epiphone Dot Deluxe, which was made in Korea. Epiphone did this from about 1986 through 2004 on some models. Epiphones were made in Korea from the early 1980s through the mid 2000s, when production transitioned to (mostly) China . Epiphone now calls the Epiphone Dot the Epiphone Inspired by Gibson ES-335 (or just the Epiphone ES-335).

N. Paperman, Dot Deluxes were cosmetic upgrades of the standard Dot. There were several editions, so the features vary, but differences could include gold hardware or a flamed top or both. I don't think any had pickup upgrades.

Red 333

Thank you